Fancy Folds – W Fold Card
September 20, 2019
Welcome to my blog today! I have something brand new! I am privileged to join in on the Fancy Fold Design Team and their wonderful International Blog Hop!
Each month will feature projects we make using various fancy folds – meaning not your standard cardstock just folded in half!
This month we are featuring the “W Card Fold.” When you open up the card, the shape looks like a W. Pretty neat, right?
Here is the Front of my card, you’d never know there was something surprising and fun waiting inside –
I know it’s not even fall yet here in the States, but I couldn’t resist using up ALL the different snowmen that come in Snowman Season on one card!
Here it is when you open it up –
So many snowmen!! You can get the stamp and coordinating Snowman Builder Punch as a bundle together. I used it to punch out the hat on the front of the card, then trimmed it up a little more with my paper snips. I also used the coordinating Designer Series Paper – Let It Snow. I love the colors in this one, Coastal Cabana and Real Red.
I could not leave out the bling, so the the sentiment is layered on Silver Glimmer Paper, and Wink of Stella is on all the snow.
This is how it gets the “W Fold” name – (or an upside down W in this case) –
Here are some quick instructions on how this is made:
- Make the base of the card like you would for a regular card. (This one is 11″ x 4.25″, folded in half.)
- Decorate the inside with some DSP on both sides.
- Cut a separate strip of 11″ x 2″ cardstock. It can be 2″, or 3″, or whatever you like.
- Fold the strip in half, then fold the halves in half (no measuring needed). Fold it accordion style to make the W.
- Glue the outside ends of the W down to the inside of the card. Make sure the middle points up away from the card.
- Add decorations on the sections. In this case I cut squares and used the 2nd largest Stitched Square die. I also used the Starburst Punch and a Stitched Circle die.
And then voila! Fancy Fold Completed!
I hope you like it, and make sure to check out all the other fantastic projects from the other team members.
You’ll be headed over to Astrid next. She has a lovely project for you today!
If you get need to come back to anyone of us, here are all the links:
Order of the September Hop
Nadine Schweda (Germany)
Aude Barbara (France)
Fiona Carson (New Zealand)
Gina Connor (United Kingdom)
Shannean Moncrieff (Australia)
Mary Ann Rossiter (United States)
Astrid Hofmann (Austria)
Stephanie Nash (Canada)
Don’t forget to leave us a little love in the comments, and Happy Stamping!